Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
IIT JEE toppers interviews and tips 
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Post Re: IIT JEE toppers interviews and tips
some interesting tips:

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 549-1.html

i’ll get strt. 2 business.
THe new pattern of jee makes no difference if u beleive that knowledge is what matters in the end. ..
What u need 2 be is highly efficient
, disciplined and organized....
Joining a coaching centre wud be of good help for starts!!!!!!!!
1.STAY AWAY FROM TV PLZ......
2.BE REGULAR ABOUT STUDY HRS
3. DON NOT CONSIDER SCHOOL EXAMS A WASTE OF TIME IIT’S DEMAND STUDENTS WHO KNOW HOW TO ANLYSE INTERMEDIATE SYLLABUS AND USE IT 2 CRACK REAL LIFE PROBLEMS....
$.BUNKING SCHOOL ONCE A WHILE IS OF HELP
5.TRY AND CREATE AN ABILITY TO QUESTION READ STUFF ABOUT SPACE -TIME WARPS , PARALLEL UNIVERSE, UNIFIED THEORY FOR DEVELOPING IT.....
Ok now for the books and how 2 get about the task>>>>>>
PHYSICS- In my mind it is the most crucial of the three and u’ll know y when u get in2 the thick of it...
Mechanics- the basic foundation must be very strong. U should be very very clear about your concepts here bcoz this sets u on yer way.DC PANDEY 1&2 are the best for it..
Waves and Thermodyanics-going thru em ample no of times should do do not need a very high level of proficiency here but this is one area where u can score full marks.....
Hc Verma should do....
Electricity- DC Pandey + Hc Verma done with clarity of concepts and revised amply should do...
Optics & Modern physics- These r 2 areas where u must try 2 gain perfection Practice and practice loads of times.....
Dc Pandey + HC Verma should do....

Maths- Ok I must warn u first of the gulf b/w jee and school level here it is large as the grand canyon........
TMH is an absolute must...
But during your summer vacations(b/w 10&11) u should try 2 finish off yer xith class school text + some calculus
Then building strengths lie in solving modules
Brilliant Tutorials is the best 4 correspondence ,rsm is also good.
First solve your modules and then do your chapters from tmh as well. If ye r able 2 get thru tmh u will be very very close to iit.
60% of the maths paper is co-geo & calculus - 4 co -geo practice a no of times should do...
for calculus theory thomas & finney is an awesome book + 4 probs arihant diff. & integral r mind blowing books...
Finally, once u have revised your syllabus 2 your gratification go through kd joshi(educative jee), it’s the best book in maths at our level and u’ll know why.....

Chemistry-= The easiest part of the three and most scoring too
Get hold of P Bahadur...It contains all the problems in the world.. try to complete the book
FOr inorganic u need 2 set aside 1.5 hrs a day 1 4 making notes from a decent books op tandon or arihanth r good and .5 for brushing up on your notes and revision this helps a lot...
4 organic u need 2 listen 2 yer teav=cher ...check out morrisonn and boyd or solomon and frhyle for fundas later...

Finally try to complete yer syllabus by end of october of 12th.
in the remaining period solve lots and lots of papers in real exam conditions joining a test series(bmat or aits) should be of gr8 help.+ solve the y.g. file and last 25 yrs paers for acclimatisation
FInally relax and be confident....

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:09 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

from IITIAN - IIT Delhi 2006

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 550-1.html

Well,I am a student of IIT Delhi in the comp sc branch.
I qualified the jee 2005 with AIR 56 in mains and AIR 22 in screening.

As far as my experience was concerned,it was very enjoyable.

No
doubt,the syllabus and the jee itself is not the easiest,but if you work hard in the beginning,it is possible to develop the analytical skills to clear jee very comfortably with a good rank.

I started studying from 11 class itself and fully utilized the 2 years.
It helps if you cam bunk school so that you can not only devote enough time for the jee prep but also find some time for enjoyment -which will recharge your batteries for the day ahead as well.

Dont delay the start of your prep as the more time you have ,the smooother you can pursue the completion of your syllabus.

Do join a good coaching center as it gives you the necessary motivation to spend your time preparin for the jee.Once you get started ,the onus is on you to carry on the momentum.

The center I had joined had very bright students who were NTSE scholars(I kind of felt very average).But very soon ,I was scoring two-three times of what they were scoring in mock tests and quizzes.

As far as the books are concerned,I used the following and would recommend the same to you:

Physics:
Start with HC Verma in class 11,and of course your study package.If you find HC Verma too simple,you can leave it and start with fiitjee study packages.But it is a good idea to complete part 1 of this book in class 11.

In class 12,you cam start seeing other books,if you feel confident that HC Verma is too easy for you,start with DC Pandey (problem book) from Arihant Publications.The questions are a bit tough so its ok if you can solve 50% of the problems.If you want to score well in screening,read the ncert once(which you would be for your boards anyway).I dont think there is a need for Irodov.Fiitjee’s GMP is also a good idea (only after you have revised your syllabus to your satisfaction).

Chemistry:
Again ,the study packages are important.
Physical--P.Bahadur
Organic--Study packages,previous year papers,practice problems at the end of P.Bahadur
Inorganic--NCERT,Study packages,practice from P.Bahadur and any other problem you can find(focus on 3d series )

Going thru NCERT is very important!

Maths:
Well,besides study packages,TMH is the best book.But it is not everyone’s cup of tea!
If you find it impossible to crack even 20% of problems,refer to prevoious years papers and study material of some other institute.You can start with the book in class 12.
Solve it completely and 90% on your own,you are ready for any question!

Total:
1.Do join a good test series(Fiitjee is the best I think)
2.Completely solve previous year papers under strict time limit and honestly evaluate yourself.
3.Test yourself right from class 11 and work on improving your scores regularly.
4.Read the questions very carefully.The questions are tailor made for silly mistakes.
5.Concentrate on scoring a specified amount of marks if you find the paper difficult(dont expect 170/180!).

Conclusion:
The top ranker usually has a score of 140-150 that is about 80%.
If you completely avoid silly mistakes,it is very easy to get a top 500 rank and with good effort you can get into top 100 or 50.

No one scores spectacularly in all 3 subjects (AIR 21 has 28/60 in maths jee 2005!)
Hence concentrate on consistency in all subjects.

Most importantly,stay cool on the day of exam.
Think that you have nothing to lose.

Everyone else is under a lot of stress,make full use of this.
Under a situation of no pressure,your performance will increase drastically.
Dont get unduly affected by the standard of the paper,it is the same for everyone.

Once you get into IIT,you still have to work hard at times,but not only is life very enjoyable,but your future has no limit as far as your success is concerned.

Good Luck.And remember, a job enjoyed will always be a job well done!

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:10 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

For those who want to start the preperation early:

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 480-1.html

Hi, im sharan. This is my 2nd rewiew. Here, im goin 2 give a blueprint for those STARTING their preparation in august (in their 12th). Following these points meticulously will get you into IIT, even though
you have started VERY late.
1) IGNORE your boards completely till january end.
2) go to http://www.iitd.ac.in/jee/ and download the syllabi for P,C & M and stick to it VERY STRICTLY while doing any of the topics from the books listed below.
3) buy these books:
physics:
HC Verma (vol 1& 2) - done thoroughly with full understanding of concepts
chemistry:
NCERT books (only for the theory - not the assignment problems!) + &
nbsp; &nbs
p;
IIT chemistry by TMH (Tata mcGraw Hill - complete the whole book)
* dont neglect chem. Its the most scoring & least analytical. Either you know it or you dont {as chem is: mugging of facts (inorganic and organic) & mathematics (physical)}
math:
IIT Maths by ML Khanna - dont look at the solution immediately if you dont get the problem. Look into it only after making a lot of attempts (at least 4 fresh attempts).
solve this book fully.
4) By the time you complete the above books, it is the end of your december holidays (ie, you get 4.5 to 5 months)
5) in the mean time, (around august middle) join Brilliant tutorials YG Files (screwingly tough problems book) & B.MAT (test series). The above 2, come under one course. Go to www.brilliant-tutorials.com and apply. Dont apply for FIITJEE test series, as it is supposed 2 be unnecessarily tough.
6) Start solving the YG Files ONLY AFTER completing the text books listed, else, you will get the impression that IIT is beyoud ur reach.
Do the test analysis of brilliant properly and improve your timing
7) ##oh yes, forgot to tell you:
i) during school days, devote 5 hours (effective, concentrated time) for IIT preparation alone.
ii) in holidays, devote 8 hours for IIT alone.
iii) In your study holidays, start studying for boards (5 hours/ day would do). Side by side, revise IIT stuff for 5 hours.
8) after boards, till 2 days before the actual IIT-JEE, slough out for 12 hours of concentrated study devoted for IIT. Revise and strengthen all your concepts in all the books and tests you have done so far. 2 days before IIT JEE, STOP studying/thinking about studying & do some relaxation tecniques such as meditation etc for temperament control. Get all the sleep you can ask for and go to the exam with a fresh mind and with brimming confidence.
9) You are going to recieve the fruits of your hard work a month later when you are deemed successful in IIT JEE. you are now an IITian!!!
HOPE you found this article ’very useful’.
BYE.....sharan

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 038-1.html

IIT is always a word which rises a energy through the body. But to achieve it you have to drain out the entire energy out of your body. Preparing for IIT is not a week or month job. It needs years of effort.
From 11th onwards the whole ’energy’ has to be squezed out.

A proper oranization is always the primary task for all preparation.
1. Make yourself a week plan and a month plan before you work.
Never put down all your awake time in studies. Effiecency is the primary target. Divide the day into 4 - 6 sections of 2-3 hours. For every successful period take a 15-30 minutes reward. It boosts your energy.
2. Regular exercise is always a must. allocate about 30 minutes of the day for this.
You can choose ’exercise time’ during the time you feel sleepy or fed-up.
3. Do a subject continously for a long period. Each time you change the subject you lose a lot of time. (transition time is a lot on thinking) .
4. Crash your leisure programmes when you don’t go on plan then make a better plan for next week
5. Write in black n white the portions covered and try to match it with the plan.
6. A sleep of 5.5 hr is a must!!!!
7.During the ’Hike’ of tension cool youself by meditating or by jst running arround!!

Studying Methods
1. Regularly solve model papers and keep checking the time. This enhance confidence and shows the pons and cons of ur studies.
2. Be up to date. All HW must be done in time.
3. make yourself comprehensive notes and small skecthes. (make them attractive)
4. Be perfect in solving maths problems. Never make a situation that will make u revise back through it. The best way I adopted was from my teacher. ’’Enjoy Maths!!’’ and do it when you are totally freacked out. On doing problems during ’freaking’ time you intially tend to make mistakes. But this soon will be a boon when you get freaked out during exams. You will be ready to move through even when u r freaked. ( this was my success key for 100 in maths exams.)
5. Be prepared with all type of questions.
6. Go through guides daily. In the last moment u won’t be able to do it.

Last Sec Tips

1. Never start studying during the last month.
2. keep covering pages at a fast pace
3. Question yourself where you feel you are doubtful.
4. Never leave calculations. Keep doing always. Once you stop your marks stops!!
5. Have confidence

Always be cool and smooth. Never let tenion eat you u up. Aske the parents to keep an eye on yu always. Otherwise you may not be studying always.
Be motivated, encouraged and struggle.
It is afterall not a miserable fight.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:13 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Experiences of Narendra's friends:

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 614-1.html

hi i am narendra . i am presently in std. 12 preparing for the entrance exams.
coming to the point
iit jee
is a life time achievement probably achieved by exceptional as you think
not right.
EVEN IF I REPEAT THIS A HUNDRED TIMES YOU WILL STILL SAY IT IS TOUGH CRACKING THE JEE.
REMEMBER HARD WORK, TIME MANAGEMENT, INTELLIGENT TACTICS AE NECESSARY FOR THE PEPARATION FOR THE JEE

MY FATHER
IS A PRINCIPLED MAN
HE IS A 10STD GOLD MEDALIST
HAS DONE MTECH,BTECH FROM RIT JAMSHEDPUR IN 1981
HAS A DEGREE PGDMB(FINANCE & MKT.) FORM XLRI JAMSHEDPUR)
NOW HE WORKS IN TATAMOTORS
AS SENIOR GM MANAGING MANY BRANCHES

ONE OF MY FRIENDS
SAURAV BHAIYA
ACHIEVED AI R 14 IN IITJEE2005
YOU ASK ANY ONE THE SUCCESS MANTRA IT IS SINCERITY,DEDICATION AND WILL POWER.
MENTAL PREPARATION ACCOUNTS FOR 50% OF THE JEE.
FIRST
IS HEALTH
MY FATHER AND I WAKE EVERY DAY 4’0 CLOCK FOR JOGGING
BE A STRICT VEGETARIAN
DRINK WATER
SMILE A LOT

STUDYING IS A EASY JOB
VALUES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE

2ND
GIVE AS MUCH IMPORTANCE TO BOARD AS TO JEE
(95%& ABOVE ) IS EXCELLENT

3RD
JEE REQUIRES INTENSIVE LOGICAL APPROACH
ALWAYS STRIKE FROM THE BASE FUNDAMENTALS

WORK OUT ALOT OF PROBLEMS
BE TIME CONSCIOUS
A SUBJECTIVE PROBEM MUST NOT TAKE MORE THAN 5-6 MINUTES

MY APPROACH IS BEST BE RELAXED DONOT TAKE TENSION ANYTIME
BUT BE SURE YOU ARE ON THE IGHT FOOT.

BOOKS
PHYSICS
HC VERMA,HALLIDAY,FIITJEE BRILLIANT PROBLEMS, ARIHANT (OLD EDITION),IRODOV

CHEMISTRY
OP AGARWAL INORGANIC

RC MUKHERJEE
P BAHADUR FOR NUMERICAL

ORGANIC

NCERT, SCHOOL ISC BOOK AIHANT MORRISON BYOD

MATHS

ML KHANNA, DAS GUPTA ,TMH, BILLIANT, FIITJEE ,HALL & KNIGHT ,LONEY,CALCULUS MARON

DOING THESE IS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO GET IN TOP 50

WORK 11-15 HRS A DAY IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE YOUR
GOAL

BEST OF LUCK

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

nice book suggestions from IITIAN- 2001

WELL,WELL,WELL BACK TO THE TOPIC OF IIT-JEE AGAIN.....MEMORIES ABOUT IT ARE STILL FRESH IN MY MIND AFTER GETTING AIR-934 IN GENERAL CATEGORY OF JEE-2001 LAST YEAR.IM PRESENTLY STUDYING IN IIT-GUWAHATI.

ILL
TRY TO MAKE THIS ARTICLE AS CONCISE AS POSSIBLE:

BOOKS :

MATHS:
ABSOLUTE MUST-------SUBSCRIPTION TO ’’MATHEMATICS TODAY’’...
1.)CALCULUS---BURMAN
2.)COORDINATE GEOMETRY----THOMAS AND FINNEY
3.)OTHER TOPICS----M.L.KHANNA

PHYSICS:
ABSOLUTE MUST------SUBSCRIPTION TO ’’PHYSICS FOR U’’.....
1.)MECHANICS---IRUDOV,RAVI(PART OF MATHEMATICS TODAY GROUP)
2.)ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM---RESNICK AND HALLIDAY
3.)OTHER TOPICS----OLD IIT PAPERS(THESE TOPICS USUALLY GET REPEATED)

CHEMISTRY:
ABSOLUTE MUST----TATA MACGRAW HILLS CHEMISTRY FOR JEE BOOK’’
PHYSICAL CHEM.---PROBS FROM ATKINS
INORGANIC-J.D.LEE
ORGANIC--MORRISON AND BOYD

ALSO FOR SCREENING NO SPECIAL PREPARATION IS REQUIRED.JUST A SHARP BRAIN,SPEED,ACCURACY AND A THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF THE FORMULAE WILL DO.....DON’T WAST TOO MUCH TIME ON ANY PARTICULAR QUESTION IN THE MAINS...

ALSO GET THE BLESSINGS OF YOUR PARENTS,RELATIVES AND ELDERS IN YOUR HOUSE,PRAY TO GOD(ATLEAST BEFORE EXAMS) AND JOIN A GOOD CORRESPONDENCE COURSE LIKE BRILLIANT OR FIITJEE.....
ABOVE ALL UR HARD WORK,DETERMINATION AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CONFIDENCE ARE ESSENTIAL......BESTA LUCK TO ALL THOSE ATTEMPTING THE EXAMS WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED PREPARATIONS........VENKY,IITG

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:20 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

another one from IITian - IITKGP

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 436-1.html

hello ppl,
JEE reminds of those days when i used to study ,though not much . i appeared for JEE in 2001. Now doing my B.Tech. in mining engg. at IIT-KGP.

JEE preparation is not as tough as it seems.the questions asked are of the type which test ur IQ,fundae and a bit of ur manoeuvrability skills.one can start his/her preparation from std. 11th and i guess 2 yrs time is sufficient to crack JEE.a good teacher/ guide (unless u r a stud) is must and guyz no need to rush toKOTA/FIITJEE etc. i m sayin that in keeping with the pattern of JEE in 2001 and 2002.

if u r good at time management u’ll face no probs.
u’ll have to divide ur time properly btw. ur 12th std. prep. and JEE prep.u definitely will have to devote more time for the prep of JEE.
books that i found best for prep :
1.Chem. - Organic = Morrison & Boyd (awesome book or i should say God book, its quite often that problems are directly asked from this book in JEE mains.if u are scared of Organic Chemistry this is the book u should go for ) Physical = P.Bahadur (all the probs in the world given in this book but no theroy , for theory u can read ur 12th std. book or if u have time u can refer to Maaron & Pruton) Inorganic = 12th std. book.
2.Phy. - H.C. Verma (for problems) and Resnick Halliday for theory ( awesome book, not th Walker one ! ). solve Irodov iff u have TIME.
3.Maths = M.L. Khanna ( all in one book , but if u do have time then go for these : Trigno + Coordinate : SL loney Calculus : S.Narayan Algebra : McGraw Hills , HS Hall & SR Knight) .

Regarding correspondence courses never go for that Brilliant Tutorials ; only redeeming feature of Brilliant’s JEE correspondence course is YG File.if u get hold of that YG file do go through it.if u really wanna go for some corr. course i would highly recommend Vidya Mandir.

theres nothing much to fear abt the JEE screening.questions asked are of simple nature based on the rudimentary knowledge of the subjects.

JEE mains though is a real test of ur nerves.best strategy for mains would be solve questions from those topics first which u r confident about.DO NOT make a question a prestige issue, if u cant solve it just move ahead.solve until u get the final ans dont leave the problem half solved.DO NOT score out a half-solved problem thinking that u’ll solve at the end if u get time coz the truth is u never get time and u’ll lose some marks that u might have got on that half-solved prob..

Guyz one last word of caution dont lose ur nerves on the Doomz Day.start relaxin 2 dayz bfr JEE and be CONFIDENT.from my XP JEE = 60%studies + 30%temperament + 10%luck.and remember IIT is not THE END of this world.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Another advice worth bookmarking:

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 080-1.html

IIT is not everything it is the only thing. At IITs u dont come out as an engineer but as an IITian who is destined to take on the world. Every year lakhs aspire to reach there but only a few get to be
there. Where do they who dont make it go wrong. It should be very clear that IIT not only tests your ability to solve tough questions but at the same time your character, mental toughness, desperation and will.
It requires total commitment to reach there and after that its honeymoon with life. One more thing is required that is sacrifice cos success stories are built on sacrifices. but for heaven’s sake dont sacrifice your studies!!!!!!!
The text to follow was added later when i gained some more experience at writing reviews.

For those who have not started as yet or are about to start:

If u are planning to appear within the next two years you better start. But before that it must be made as clear as any other concept required for answering the bouncers of jee(joint entrance exam of iit) that more than anything else you will be required to stay focussed. You must not only cut off from the rest of the happenings around you but in a way insulate your self from the world. I know this sounds irrational or highly exaggerated but then this is what it takes to become an iitian.You should not go for a wide range of books and materials like many do (with explanations like ’’mechanics part of this book is good and the modern physics in that particular material is better so both of them for me’’). Chose at the max two books for each subject.I am not saying that go and pick any two books as it does not make a difference as all are the same but your selections should be such that they are up to date with current trends of IIT JEE’s pattern.

Books that I would recommend:

For physics:(i) COncepts of Physics by H.C.Verma(The author is currently professor at iit kanpur
(ii)Problems in Physics by I.E.Irodov
(iii)MCQ Physics by Deb Mukherjee
Where the first book has a lot of theory and details to give you a wide conceptual base the second book gives you a chance to apply those concepts into (real tough) problems. During the nineties one question from either of the book was sure to come in the JEE.
The third book has a collection of multiple choice questions much needed for the Screening Examinations.
For Maths:(i) TMH Mathematics
(ii)Problem Plus in Mathematics
(iii)M.L.Khanna
Any one or two of the above books would take care of Maths for JEE as they have a fairly good level of toughness and a very wide range of problems.
For Chemistry:(i) O.P.Agarwal
(ii)abc of Chemistry
(iii)Morrison Boyed/Solomon
(iv)R.C.Mukherjee
While the first two books take care of the whole of chem, book no.(iii) is specific for organic chemistry and (iv) is for physical chemistry. There is no such book I have in mind for inorganic chemistry but some suggest J.D. Lee

Mistakes people make while preparing for JEE

Though the syllabus of JEE is defined it is extrapolative i.e., there is no end to the extent in which u can detail yourself on a particular topic. But this is one of the most common mistakes that not only students but even teachers make with regard to jee. limit yourself to only what would get you marks and not what would get you knowledge(which we all know is infinite). Go through the papers of the earlier JEE exams to get an idea of what and how much is asked from each topic.One must also be cautious while reading the books of foreign writers or those not meant for JEE as they were not written keeping JEE in mind and contain lot more than what is required and sometimes lack what is actually required.

What do those who clear IIT do?

To be short and precise they do everything. I have seen a tendency of people leaving many topics for the last moment (inorganic being amongst the most ignored) and they remain untouched till the end. The question of such topics actually decide the qualifiers and among the qualifiers their AIR (no no not all india radio its all india rank)
So dont leave anything.Apart from clearing the whole syllabus, they practise for the D day. Taking test series(considered as a waste of time and money by many) gives you a feel of the tense environment in which you would be required to solve tough problems in a fixed time limit.

Many dream of it
A few achieve it
But they are also humans
So just do it!

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:30 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Is IIT for you - ask yourself

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 094-1.html

I can’t give you a different perspective on how to prepare...others have already covered everything I could think of. I’d like to add here that JEE is not a very tough exam to crack and
it is not something you should be really desperate about until you REALLY want to become an engineer. That’s a BIG QUESTION...how many of the lakhs of IIT aspirants really want to become engineers?????

Before spending so much time and energy on your preparation ask yourself the following questions:

(1) Am I interested in engineering? Do I know enough about the engineering profession???

(2) What is engineering? What stream would I take when I do get through?

(3) Am I doing this ’coz my mommy/daddy told me so??

(4) Is it for the cushy jobs????

(5) Do I want to go for an MBA??

(6) Am I really good at something else (which can be a career) and I’d like to do engineering because of the money?
OR Because pursuing other career options is a risk. OR (3)

I don’t want to elaborate more on this. I find so many people falling into this ’move with the crowd’ trap and ruining their lives that I just couldn’t resist writing down
my thoughts. I’m not giving any advices...I’m just asking you to think for yourself.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:38 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

IITIAN speaks again

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Success ... 404-1.html

Without doubt, the IIT JEE is a tough exam, I can share my personal experience with u having secured AIR 45 in this exam. Firstly, remember that the purpose of this exam is to filter out the best candidates
from the large number who appear for the exams.

The first and foremost prerequisite is that u should be highly motivated and possess a burning desire to get in. The mental preparation and a very strong positive attitude is a must which you must be able to hold on inspite of any negative thoughts and discouraging talk coming from your friends. This can only come from within, from parents, from peers and from reading success stories of some of the highly successful IITians from round the world.

Once u have mastered the art of thinking like a winner then, u have to prepare as per a strict and well planned time table. In order to succeed, start preparations early by 9th or 10th and learn each topic thoroughly. If u have a doubt donot skip it, ask your teachers, friends, guides etc till u have a thorough and indepth understanding of every topic.

Solve the maximum number of problems that u can lay your hands on, start with the simpler ones and move towards the tougher ones. There is no good or bad book, you have to master every book possible. Improve your skills of speed, accuracy and understanding, the exam is ruthless and anybody who falters is out. Have a good set of intelligent friends and discuss out topics with them, solve past papers, no question will ever be repeated but that will give you a very good idea of the caliber required. You have to aim at solving 100% of the paper correctly, donot ever think that you can bypass any topic.

Another important point that you should remember is that IIT questions donot just judge your expertise in remembering formulae but ur knowledge and ability to apply them to different situations. Hence, these questions are more application oriented rather than substituting values.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next