Engineering
RSS
Username: Password:
Remember me: 
Signin using your Gmail or Yahoo account signin using google or yahoo

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Is Mathematics really necessary in Engineering? 
myEngg Young Blood
myEngg Young Blood

Post Is Mathematics really necessary in Engineering?
i am always against maths, but i like to do engineering. So wanted to know what others feel about "whether Mathematics is really necessary in Engineering?"

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Post Re: Is Mathematics really necessary in Engineering?
Largely a waste of time: unless they really enjoy the subject, the time would be better spent in the art room, reading Shakespeare or studying French literature.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 pm
myEngg Young Blood
myEngg Young Blood

The reason behind my dislike for maths is, of course, because the subject was largely a mystery to me. If I could have dumped it for something artsy, I am convinced I would have got a better grade, maybe even a more rounded education.

Let me respond to your query.... i am with you buddy "Mathematics is really not necessary in Engineering".

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm
myEngg Generalissimo
myEngg Generalissimo

Friends, an Interesting topic, after finding this i couldn't wait jumping in. some one was speaking about a similar topic in one of the other threads.

To understand the behavior of any moving object, machine, constantly changing chemical reaction, etc, Integral calculus and differential equations are of utmost importance. Hence you will not be able to study/understand certain concepts without applying these areas of mathematics.

Secondly, for any business, estimation is the key and to estimate, we have to use probability and statistics. applying these techniques makes a huge difference to the business.

Such is the importance of mathematics. Rather thank saying bad about maths, i think it is better to go with it, and finally conquer it.
to do that you need not be a topper in mathematics like me ;)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:46 pm
Great Stuff Friends..

Thanks for posting such valuable information....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm
myEngg Lieutenant
myEngg Lieutenant

workohlic wrote:
i am always against maths, but i like to do engineering. So wanted to know what others feel about "whether Mathematics is really necessary in Engineering?"

Ya..It's too compulsory for engineering because in engineering subjects has a lot of calculations & equations..If you don't like mathematics then you can't do engineering according to me...I'm also doing engineering in electronics but mathematics is too tough subject if you ignore tougness then you can do it...

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
myEngg Major
myEngg Major

yeah of course, even math is basic or you can say abc of engineering courses. firstly i want to say that mathematics a subject which can sharp your mind, its interesting, improve craze for it and secondary thing is there are lots of subject in engineering in which mathematics solving topics to say.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:34 am

Hmmm interesting point of debate. Depends whether you are creative or not I think!

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]